Total Pageviews

Monday 24 October 2011

Why I Love Gabz!

1. The meter taxis are not exorbitant,so moving around is affordable. Cars to hire are very few so you might be forced move around in a cab. They were all booked out when I landed, maybe I should have pre-booked. Just maybe!

2. The airport is not cluttered. Going through customs is pain free unlike some countries I will not mention.


3. The exchange rate is very close to the Rand. You don't have to be constantly doing maths in your head as you are buying things. I have been jerked in West and East Africa I was too busy to count in my head as I had many things to do and worry about like being stopped by popo because I am with white people who are carrying cameras. Next time I am downloading the exchange rate app as I was advised before I left.

4. Gaborone feels like a small town in SA, in a good way. It is very chilled, people are super friendly and  very helpful. All the major shops from SA are in Gabz so you will always feel at home. I am not sure if that is a good thing, well I think it is. I don't like to experiment too much with my stomach.

5. I am Sotho and Tswana is very close to Moshoeshoe's people. Communication is very easy. I just felt at home. I felt like I was visiting my cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment