Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Tebogo "Proverb" Thekisho Throwback

Proverb on stage before it was cool to be a rapper in South Africa.

Verb rocking a B-ball crowd. I did not know this dude was tennis champion for Northern Cape.

Tumi, Zubz the Golden Mic Holder and Verb. Hip-hop royalty.

Verb Rocking

I Have a Dream, I was in the crowd for this show and later on I had a chance to direct his videos.

Verb and HHP. Kimberly/Mafikeng stand up!

One of the best and most important albums to come out of South African music scene

Proverb in-studio

Mic Check

Recording the HHP live DVD.

Dj Jobie One aka "Proverb's Manager" before we became business partners

Proverb on stage
These are the pics that we did not use for My Day Will Come music video. There were so many pics, videos, home footage and we could not insert all of them in the video.
As we were editing the video I realised how important a role Proverb has played in South African music and entertainment as a whole. When you work with someone, you tend to forget certain things about a person especially their achievements because you just know them as Tebogo Thekisho.
My Day Will Come was the first Verb video I directed. Before this I had only produced two of his videos Writers Club and The Beginning.
I don't think I will ever get a better reception from client like I did when he watched the second cut of the video. I think he shed a tear and I was so relieved I did not let him down because I had a great responsibilty of telling his life story through a music video. This video really brought out the director in me. I had "retired" from directing to focus on business and grow Callback Dreams. I have not stopped directing ever since and the catalog is getting better and better with Jobie One.

No comments:

Post a Comment