Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Viva Riva!

A friend of mine from DRC was telling me about her experience when she returned home to DRC after years of living in SA. She also told me about the movie Viva Riva of how close it is to the reality of millions living in that country.
I am a big fan of African story tellers because I always learn something new about this continent. This past weekend I was in Botswana and I had time to kill so I decided to check out their movie circuit. The only movie I felt was worth spending my money on was Viva Riva because of the reviews from this friend of mine.



The flick is about how petrol is sold in the black market from Angola. Throughout the movie I was reminded of the recent fuel shortage in SA. As most panicked and complained we never really reached the desperation that Viva Riva depicts. I am not going to give you the synopsis of the movie but if you are interested in what happens on the continent you must check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment