Total Pageviews

Saturday 10 September 2011

My bad experience with Busta Rhymes and Timberland


I remember when one of our clients told me that we are going to interview Busta Rhymes, I was super excited. I am a big fan of his music, woohaaa! My excitement soon turned into a nightmare. Busta did not want to be followed or shot. My crew was on standby for two days waiting for him. When he walked backstage all doors had to be closed and we could not even shoot him from a distance. After waiting for two days Busta only gave us ten minutes of his valuable time. He did not want our sound guy to mic him. we had to make a plan for his interview. I remember when he walked into the room we had set up, he was on the phone. He told the person on the other side that he is about to do 'a little ass interview.' He just sat down and he did not even greet anyone in the room. I still love his music but I have lost so much respect for him.



I had more or less the same experience with Timberland. We had to wait for him for two days only for him to give me one word answers. His footage never made it to air because it could not be used for anything even thirty second fillers. I had a verbal bout with him, he did not want me to ask him anything about his music or career. He was a prick of note. His interview never made to air because the footage made no sense. I love his music but I have no respect for him. Apparently his performance at the Dome was rubbish. I am glad I boycotted it. I gave away my media pass to a friend who wanted to take out his girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment